Due to the most recent government announcement we will be running outdoor non-contact classes for Under 18’s with effect from Monday 26th April 2021 in the Watershed, Kilkenny.
Please see our timetable below:
Classes are open to all grades from age 6 – 17 years of age. We will operate in pods of up to 15 people or less.
We are now accepting beginners – please contact us on 086 3668669 for details
Please read the following points in relation to attending outdoor classes:
- All classes will aim to go ahead regardless of the weather so if it is raining for example at 6.30pm and the class is due to start at 7pm please come along to the Watershed anyway as it is possible the weather situation could have improved by the time you arrive (it is Ireland after all!).
- The instructor will make a weather call at the starting time of the class. If the weather is bad the instructor may decide to cancel the class. In this case everybody should leave the venue immediately. An online class will be put on in these situations 1 hour after the start time of the class, so if the class was due to start at 7pm, the online class will take place at 8pm.
- If the class starts and the weather turns bad during the class, the instructor may decide it is better to finish the class early. Students should then leave the venue immediately. If the class cannot be finished, you will not lose one of your class credits so you can attend another day to make up for the class. There will be no online class put on in this instance as the class had been started.
- All parents of children under 18 must stay in the car park in their cars while the classes take place regardless of the weather. Remember, it may be sunny at 7pm but the weather situation could suddenly change, and the children will be told to return to their parents and leave the venue immediately. We can not have a situation where the parents are down the town doing the shopping for example, as if we have to stop a class, we all must be gone from the venue within a few minutes.
- If your child is training outdoors, you should be waiting for them for the duration of the class in the car park. We can not control the weather so it is possible at any time that classes will have to be abandoned. Please do not ask the instructors can you leave the venue while the class is on as you put them in an impossible situation as they cannot predict the weather.
- All students should arrive at the venue 5 mins before class starts. No late arrivals.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. If it is cold it is okay to wear jackets, hoodies etc. If it is warm please use sunscreen. Parents, please use your own discretion. Always wear suitable footwear for outdoor training.
- Outdoor training is currently non-contact and we operate in pods of 15 or less.
- Maintain social distancing and follow government advice on safety protocols at all times. This applies to both students and parents.
- Adults will be present in a coaching capacity only until further notice.